A blog for any other aspiring designers, attempting to learn this useful but kinda tricky program, or any other program, or anyone who can help me learn this program, or anyone really, I'm not fussy...

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Well this is pretty much where I started, first ever part, from the first beginners tutorial!

1stPart

Then I worked through the tutorials, first assembly, then the more advanced ones, made myself a hinge, if you want to know what it looked like... well try the tutorial out for yourself! These first few tutorials will get you going with the basics, and with just the knowledge gained in those, and a few idea's, you can design a fair bit!

9thrender

This was one of the first things I created in solidworks, a fish tank based of the Fluval Edge, but more practical, I hope, never actually made it, but that's not what this blog is about. Its a pretty simple assembly, makes use of the hinge tutorial to allow the lid to pivot, if anyone wants the solidworks files for it, let me know...

10thrender

It's been rendered in PhotoWorks 2010, the rendering software that comes with solidworks, a very useful piece of software, and incredibly simple to use! Just drag the material you want to use onto the face/part/assembly you want to make that material, and it does it, although for some reason the environment panel on mine doesn't work... can get around that by manually loading an environment in the settings panel though.

456comb

Thanks for reading,
Gus.

No comments:

Post a Comment